Monday, October 29, 2007

Stamp time, I needed it and I got it......

My brother came into town this weekend to spend some time with my mom and my husband took the kids hunting, so guess what I got to do today? If you guessed stamping, you would be correct. I spent half of the day today in my {happy place}. It was wonderful to take a break from everything and just be creative. I had forgotten just how good it makes me feel.

I started out by checking out the Feature Stamper on SCS. What a great choice Beth made! I love nitestamper's work and had a fun time looking around her gallery before deciding which card I wanted to case. I chose this one because I had just gotten this stamp and it was very similar to the one that she used. As for the color choice. These colors aren't what I would normally choose, but they just kind of jumped out at me. I really like the way they look together, though.
I have more cards to post, but I am going to spread them out over the week so I don't have empty days on my blog. I hate not posting to my blog on a daily basis but sometimes life just gets in the way. KWIM? I know I'm not the only one.
And speaking of life, I just wanted to give ya'll an update on my mom. She is still in the hospital, but her port placement went well and they have started her back on a somewhat normal diet. She has been getting up for therapy and her she is smiling again. I think we may have finally turned a corner. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. You're the best!

Have a great day and I hope it's filled with lots of stamping cause I know you love it as much as I do!

Recipe-Stamps: Tim Holts stamp, $1 stamp from Michael's. Paper: So Saffron, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, White. Inks: So Saffron, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip. Accessories: Prima, Ribbon, Circle Punches, Scallop Square Punch, Brad, Stickles.

1 comment:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I'm happy to hear your Mom is improving AND smiling! That is always a good sign! I hope she continues on the road to recovery!
Your card is LOVELY!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails