Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hump day, Sketch challenge day

Can you believe it's Wednesday already? Also known as humpday because it is the middle of the week. It's one of my favorite days because that's the day Roxie posts the sketch challenge on SCS. She supplies the layout and all I have to do is add color and content. So much easier that way.
Today's layout is one that I really like, but would not have come up with on my own. It uses circles and triangles. Hmmmm! What can I do with those? This is what I came up with.
I started out by choosing the DP. I had been straightening up my stamproom yesterday and came across a small piece of Weathered DP that dpierstamper (thanks Deb) had sent me in an RAK. It was just sitting there on my desk, calling to me. It wasn't big enough all by itself so I paired it with some DP from My Minds Eye. The color choice was easy. I pulled the colors from the DP.
Next......what to do with the triangle......Oh! ribbon would be nice. I wonder what a wide piece would look like? Try it out.....Oh I like it, that looks nice, but it would look even better with a pretty flower as the focal point. I have just the flowers to use. I just picked them up yesterday from the Scrapbucket.
Moving on to the circle. The ribbon and DP just screamed lace.......I know......scallops. Now it's coming together, but there is no stamping. Okay, just add a tab and a little more ribbon with some sentiment. There now. I like it! Just assemble and take the picture. This is the finished product. I think I'm gonna play with this layout some more. I really like the look of it.



Stamps: All About U
Paper: Old Olive, Bordering Blue, DP from My Minds Eye, Weathered DP
Ink: Night Of Navy
Accessories: Giga Scallop Punch, Fiskars circle template, Ribbon. Flower Punch, Ribbon Punch, Primas, Jeweled Brad, Dimentionals, Paper Piercer

2 comments:

Stampernmore said...

this is so pretty! everything works so well together.

Beth Thomas said...

I love this card. You did a beautiful job with the background and it adds such nice "texture."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails