Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday...keeping it simple

I stayed up late last night playing with a new punch and some ribbon that I got on my trip to the HL. I was just supposed to be going with DD to see her friend, who works there, but I can never go in that place without coming out with something. I saw that they had ribbon on the spool 50% off. That was all it took. I picked up about 7 rolls of ribbon, a flower punch and some new blades for my swivel knife. Yeah!!! I can finally use my Coluzzles again.

So, back to the card. I started playing with the flower punch and the scraps that I had on my desk. I wouldn't usually pick the colors that I used, but they were accessible and after I got started, I liked the way they looked together. One thing led to the other and this is what I came up with. It's very sparkly!


Stamps: Natural Beauty, Year Round Cheer
Paper: Barely Banana, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, DP
Inks: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Flower Punch, Giga Scallop Punch, Fiskars Circle Template, Paper Piercer, Tag Punch, Gold Stickles, Dimentionals, Ribbon, Oval Coluzzle, Swivel knife

This morning I checked out the challenge on SCS. It's time to break out the Stylus.

I was still tired, so I decided to keep this one simple. Just some dry embossing and some watercoloring and dimentionals. Simple is nice, but so hard for me to do. I think it needs something else, but I am going to just leave it alone and hope that is grows on me. The colors are for a challenge on Barbs Blog. Check it out!

Stamps: Natural Beauty, Small Script
Paper: White, Bashful Blue
Inks: Bashfull Blue, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Basic, Black
Accessories: Stylus, Brass Template, Watercolor brush, Dimentionals

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Corie said...

Both of these are FANTASTIC. Love them

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails