Saturday, June 30, 2007

Turning a negative into a positive

Last night as I was drifting off to sleep. This card came into my head. I got up and jotted down the layout and a few details so that I wouldn't forget when I woke up in the morning.
First thing this morning I put the idea on paper. I love the look of the new papertray stamps, but am saving my dollars for something else right now. It came to me, I could probably achieve the same effect by using negative space and reverse masking.
I stamped the flower from Heartfelt Thanks on a post it and then cut out the image and taped it to my CS. I then used a rectangular template that I made from CS and taped that around the image. Brayered Bliss Blue over the whole thing and then used a seasponge to daub on Night Of Navy and Silver Pigment.
On to the background. I didn't have any papers that I thought looked perfect for this so I just created my own. I stamped French Script on Bliss and then flicked bleach all over it. When that had almost dried I stamped Linen in Navy. Letting it completely dry I then sponged on Navy and Silver. I added the silver cording just to give it a little extra. There you have it. Just as I had pictured it. I love it when a plan comes together!!!!!

Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks, Linen, French Script, Non SU Sentiment
Paper: Bliss Blue, Night Of Navy, White, Brushed Silver
Inks: Bliss, Navy, Silver Pigment Ink
Accessories: Brads, Cording, Dimentionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails