Friday, June 29, 2007

Stamping and waiting.

I'm sitting here at almost 2:00 in the AM waiting to hear what is going on with my dad. For those of you that were s/talking with me last night, you know that I had to take my dad to the Emergency room because he has been passing out. His blood pressure was very low and his pulse was about 48 bpm. They were talking about the need for maybe a pacemaker, but haven't heard anymore. I couldn't stay with him, because my mom can't be left without assistance, so I had to come home. She had a stroke in December of last year and had some residual damage. His nurses assured me that he would be okay. So I came home and now I can't sleep. I decided that I should stamp to get my mind off of it. I looked to see if the challenge had been posted and it had. Can you believe? The challenge was to make a Get Well card, but no flowers.
I chose Loving Hearts and away I went. The faux stitching technique I learned from Emily's blog and can be found here Emilys .

Stamps: Loving Hearts, Sentiment from Michaels dollar bin.
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Bordering Blue, White, My Minds Eye DP
Inks: Bordering Blue, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Corner Punch, Sponge, Ribbon, Dimentionals, Paper Piercer, Marker, Button

2 comments:

StampOwl said...

Saw this card on SCS gallery early - and liked it then. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope you hear some good news soon.

Barb said...

Oh Becky.. I hope your Dad is okay!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails