Thursday, June 28, 2007

Scallops.....Ways to use it challenge.


Let me start out by saying sorry I haven't posted in the last couple of days. It's been raining and that means kids underfoot. I just have a real hard time getting my creative mojo going when I keep hearing, "mom, B*** did this or, mom, H***** said that. KWIM
Well, today as luck would have it. The kids slept in and I woke up early. Yeah!!!!! I get to stamp!
After checking SCS for the Ways To Use It Challenge and s/talking for a little while, Julia posted the challenge, scallops, any way you want to use them. Now I love scallops almost as much as I love polka dots so this was going to be easy.
I have been needing a Birthday card for my sweet sister who lives in Hawaii, so I pulled out some Karen Foster paper that had a Hawaiin theme and away I went. Next I chose the image of the two girls from Seaside Sketches because it makes me think of sisters. Stamped the image with Stazon and colored with my Prismacolors. Stamped the sentiment and then covered the whole image with Versamark and Clear EP and heated, repeating until I achieved the look that I wanted. I used some paper ribbon that my sister sent me from a local shop on the island that she lives on. Cut out two of the flowers from the DP to add as an embellishment and used Stickles around the edges of the flowers to give it a little more pizazz. Oh, I almost forgot. The dresses were stamped in the DP and then cut out and glued over the image before embossing.
I am headed over to SCS to load this in my gallery. Hope you have a great day! Happy stamping!!!!
Stamps: Seaside Sketches, All Occasion
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, White, Karen Foster DP
Inks: Black Stazon, Black Pigment Ink, Versamark
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Clear EP, Red Stickles, Dimentionals, Paper Ribbon, Corner Punch

1 comment:

Tracy said...

You did such a beautiful job on this card! Love the colors and the details...your blog is quite fun to read.

Your family pix reminds me of my crazy bunch! I just couldn't help but smile and feel all happy inside to see ya enjoy each other so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails