Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Precious Sweet Pea

I know it's been a while since I posted but there is a good reason for it. We went out of town for vacation! We drove to Phoenix Arizona (my old stomping grounds) and believe it or not, the weather when we first got there was fantastic. Much cooler than the weather we left behind.

My husbands niece got married last weekend and our daughter Bryanna played the violin for the wedding so we packed up the car and headed out.

The music was wonderful and our niece was a very beautiful bride and yes, I did cry. It seems like only yesterday she was a little girl and she was hanging out with me and I was making her pancakes.

Well, she's all married now and we are home (there really is no place like home) and I'm getting back in the swing of things. I spent most of the day yesterday just catching up on my missed sleep (we drove straight through and at night) but today it was back to stamping.

I bought a box of blank embossed card stock before I left and just had to put it to use on this card. I also pulled out some of my Nana's Kids designer paper.

The image is a digi image from Pink Cat Studio and I watercolered it using reinkers and my water color brush. The pot is paper pieced and popped up on dimentionals.

The sentiment was cut using my Cricut and Graphically Speaking cart. To put on the finishing touches, I added ribbon, buttons and a fun bow.

I'm gonna head off to bed now cause I go back to work tomorrow and I'm still a little car lagged.

On a personal note: While I was in Arizona, I lost my dear sweet Aunt Orpha. She had been declining in health for the last month or so, so it was expected but we are all still feeling the loss. I also found out today that my dear sweet Aunt Sybil is not expected to live much longer either. Please, pray for my family as we walk through this valley.

Thanks so much! TTFN

Hugs, Becky

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ooooooh, gorgeous card!! Wonderful work Becky!
Hugs,
Melissa

Noelle said...

Gosh, I just love these colors together! And that bright ribbon bow is too cute!! :) darling card :)

Regina Easter said...

what a cute cute card..hugs

Jessie/knightrone said...

Would you LOOK at that BOW!! Too cute!!

Kelly said...

I know I commented on this card last week when I first saw it but my comment isn't here. I either did something wrong or it's a blogger thing. Glad you had a nice trip. Love this card, such a fun image and the color combo is fabulous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails