Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Casing myself with spare parts

I haven't been much in the mood for stamping this past week cause it's been really a rough week.

The other day I posted that one of my aunts had passed away and that another one wasn't doing very well.

She has since passed on also and I've been pretty sad. Out of fifteen children in my mom's family, there are only four living now. I loved both of these ladies very much and have many cherished memories of time spent with them. I will miss them dearly!

I wanted to make some sympathy cards for some of my family members today but I really wasn't in the mood to be creative, so I took the easy way out and cased myself.

Last summer I participated in a swap and had some extra card parts already cut out and ready to go so that made the process much easier. Here is the card I made last summer for the swap:


Here is the card again, but in softer colors:
I think I like the softer tones better don't you?

I used my Cricut and Storybook and George cart for the cutout marquee and ovals (respectively).

The flower image is part of the Floral Whimsy set from Verve.

The papers I used were confetti white, blue, apricot and designer paper from Me & My Big Idea.

The images were colored using Copics.

The finishing touches are ribbon, butterflies, and embossing.

That's all I have for now. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel a little more creative. Fingers crossed!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by to see me! TTFN

Hugs, Becky

3 comments:

Tasha said...

This is beautiful! Love the beautiful tones and the fabulous stamps you have used!
love tasha xx

Regina Easter said...

HI Becky, i am so sorry for your loss, know that your in my prayers daily..although I am having a problem with seeing images, i am sure it is beautiful...hugs

Kelly said...

Oh Becky, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. This must be pretty hard on your mom.You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Beautiful cards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails