Sunday, March 7, 2010

Flights of Purple and Red


Happy Sunday! Hope you all had a great weekend! It was so pretty here yesterday and my family and I enjoyed it. I hope the weather where you are has been nice and sunny!
Yesterday evening I felt like my mojo for stamping had returned, so I played around in my stamping room (the most neglected room of my house at the moment) a little bit and came up with this card.
I've been thinking of my mom a lot lately. I was going through her videos earlier in the week! They had been boxed up and put in the garage and I'm trying to do some spring cleaning and most of them were T. V. programs she had recorded but I did come accross a few home movies with her in them acting like the beautiful big kid that she was! This card is in honor of her! I love you mom!


The butterfly was cut and embossed with my Cuttlebug. I then sponged on white pigment ink and covered it with glossy accents! It's stunning and I love the results!

The sentiment is Verve's Floral Whimsy and was stamped in Red Pigment on an oval panel cut using my Cricut and heat embossed.

These aren't colors ( eggplant, red and celery) I would typically put together, but I like they way they look together. Isn't it fun and springy?

I know I talk about my mom quite a bit here on my blog and I hope you never tire of me talking about her. She was and amazing lady and my inspiration! She used to get very excited when she saw me in my stamp room and would sit and watch me create my cards. When she left this world, she left a hole in my heart as big as Texas! It's getting smaller as time goes by, but it's still there! Thanks for hanging in there with me! TTFN

Big Hugs, Becky

5 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so pretty and I know your mom would of loved this Becky. I think its great for you to talk about your mom and I don't mind you sharing about her at all. Hang in there... big hugs...

Desire Fourie said...

This is so beautiful Becky. Love your style and attention to detail.
Hugs
Desire

JenMarie said...

Oh this is so beautiful!!

Corie said...

WOW -- This is stunning, love all the details!!

Tasha said...

Wow this is really striking, great combo and fab design
love tasha xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails