Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Miracle Of Spring

I don't know about you, but I am so ready for Winter to be over and Spring to take it's place. We had 12 inches of snow here last week! In Texas! It broke a record that had stood for fifty years!

While it was beautiful and we had a great time playing in the snow, I am just ready for the flowers to bloom. Since it looks like Spring isn't gonna show up any time soon, I decided to stamp some Spring.

I pulled out one of my old sets from Stampin Up that I just can't bear to part with, Miracle Of Spring. I just love those cute little bunnies and flowers and the fact that they are lined images and great for coloring.

For this first card, I participated in the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS. HamiltonGal was the stamper of the week and if you check out her gallery, you'll see why! She's fabulous!


I colored the image with my Copics! The scalloped ovals and stamped panel was created using my Cricut and Storybook Cart. Add some soft DP and some embossed borders, flowers and buttons and this is the final result!



Since I already had this set out, I inked it up again and got to work on this card.


Not too sure I like the way the background turned out around the image but I decided to post it anyway. Again, I colored the image with my Copics with the exception of the background. It was colored with my Sahara Sand marker from SU. They don't blend nearly as well as Copics. I tried using my Aqua Painter to soften the lines but it was too little too late.

I go back to work tomorrow after having four days off so I need to get this posted and head off to bed. Hope you had a great weekend and you have an even better week. Happy Stamping! TTFN

Hugs, Becky

5 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Very springy and cute!

Corie said...

WOW I love both of these!!

Regina Easter said...

hey you girl...thanks for the comment you left me on splitcoast....these two cards you have here are so adorable...hugs

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely beautiful once again.
Hugs
Desire

JenMarie said...

Such CUTEness!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails