Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Behind on the challenges

I am so behind on challenges. Not only have I missed out on all of the blog challenges that I like to play along with, but I have also missed out on the SCS challenges. I am playing catch up and have two cards to show you today.

The first one is from the color challenge from last week. Black, pomegranate and gray! What a beautiful color combo! I didn't have any gray card stock so I had to get creative on this one.
I used my new birds and vines embossing folder and cuttlebug and then brayered on gray for the background. The stamp set is SU's Bud Basics and Rhonna Farrer's Flourishes. The sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo's Baby Dear. I embossed the black panel with swiss dots and added scallops using my corner punch and dotted the edges with my signo gel marker. The other tools used on this card were my circle and scallop punches, brads and ribbon.

The second card was from last weeks technique challenge, cuttlebug negative effect. Now I have been thinking about trying this with my embossing folders for quite some time, but was afraid to try for fear I would ruin them. I was glad that someone else was brave enough to try it out and found that it didn't harm their folders at all as long as you clean them right away. Basically, you brayer ink on the inside of your folder (the one that is not indented) and then place your cardstock in it as you would normally and run it through your cuttlebug. The result is fantastic!



This is Soft Sky with Night Of Navy brayered on, using my birds and vines folder. The flourishes were made by stamping on white CS and then cutting around them and flipping them over so you don't see the stamping. I then ran it through the cuttlebug.

The stamp is from Inkadinkadoo's Baby Dear. The paper is SU's Soft Sky, Brushed Silver and GP white. The ink is silver pigment and night of navy. Accessories used were ribbon, silver EP and dimentionals. Tools used were birds, flowers and bubble embossing folders and my cuttlebug, Cricut and Mini Monograms cartridge, ribbon and scallop punches and piercing tool.

Well, it's way past my bedtime so I better sign off for now! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Beautiful job on the challenges. I know what you mean about playing catch up. I finally got around to some Saturday sketches. Love how you placed the grey ink in the background on the first card...Nice card!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card!!! So pretty!

The working out deal... wow, you had your own personal experience not being able to bend your knees after :D TOO FUNNY!!!! Well, hubby's encouraging me to work out again... I hope he's not getting me a free pass to the gym and a trainer :D

jjcreations said...

I really like both of these cards. Joan

My Paper World said...

Oh, Becky! They are beautiful!
Unfortunately the image on my blog that you asked about, is no longer manufactured. it's really sad as it is really gorgeous. xx

Learn to Stamp and Scrap with Lynn said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the colors and the layout. I just love it!

Corie said...

These are just beautiful!!!

Michelle Pearson said...

Love the color combo.....and the inking of the cuttlebug folders....I've been wanting to try that.....maybe now I will!!!

Nikki said...

Love the color theme on the French Thank you card!

And excellent embossing job on the Best wishes card, love the colors as well!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Oh my this is the prettiest thing on the planet! Love the softness of it and all of the texture. No wonder you're a Rockin Blogger (on Stampin' when I can) Congrats! :0) mel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails