Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Double challenge.

I had some time tonight to stamp and I wanted to try the 2,5,7,10 boxes. It was the technique lovers challenge for this week. I love making boxes almost as much as I like making cards. I had gotten a new flower punch last week and had played with it and made this layered flower. I knew that I wanted to use it for my box, so the colors were easy to decide on. Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip. Great color combo in my opinion. I stamped around the edges of the box with Flourishes (Ronna Farrer) and then used my Happy Harmony set to stamp the main image. I used my corner punch to make scallops on the flap. Add the flower and some Velcro to close the flap and Voila! A lovely box perfect for a small gift or some candy. I decided to take it a step further and make a card to go along with it. I used Beate's layout challenge for this. The card size is 4 x 4 inches. I think I am going to have to make a few more sets. It's nice to have them on hand when you need a small gift to give. I think I will fill this one with M&Ms and give them to my friend who is going through a tough time right now.

Recipes

Box
Stamps: Happy Harmony, Flourishes (Ronna Farrer)
Paper: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, DP (the paper studio)
Inks: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Flower Punches, Corner Punch, Brad

Card
Stamps: Happy Harmony
Paper: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, DP (the paper studio)
Inks: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Flower Punches, Circle Punches, Brad, Ribbon, Dimentionals, Cuttlebug, Embossing Plate (Fiskars)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and box!

Theresa said...

Those are both fabulous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails