Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wednesdays layout challenge

Well, we've made it to the middle of the week. I can't believe how fast the days are flying by. I stayed up late last night waiting for the layout challenge to be posted. I felt like being creative, and luckily Roxie posted the challenge early. I guess I overestimated my creative abilities. LOL
This is definitely not the card I started out with. That one is resting nicely in the garbage.
After sleeping on the challenge, I decided to take another run at it this morning. I am much happier with this one. When I was going through my embossing templates the other day. I realized that I had the snowflakes one from SU. It hadn't seen action since I bought it two years ago. Time to give it a workout. I grabbed a scrap of Bordering Blue that I had on my desk and dry embossed it. Then I sponged Night of Navy over it using a wet sea sponge. I let it dry and then sanded it to bring out the embossing. I then stamped the next to the largest snowflake from Snowflakes over the embossed images using White Pigment Ink. Sprinkled on some Heat and Stick powder and heated it. Then sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds and hit is with the heat again. Voila! A very sparkly background! The snowflakes on the front were stamped in White Pigment Ink and sprinkled with White EP, heated and then sprinkled with DD and heated again. I decided to do some stitching around the edges to give it that little extra something.
Stamps: Snowflakes
Paper: Bordering Blue, Night of Navy, White
Inks: White Pigment Ink, Night Of Navy
Accessories: Heat and stick powder, White EP, Dazzling Diamonds, Dimentionals, Embossing template and tool

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is a great card, love that you used snowflakes.

Barb said...

You did a great job on this challenge! I haven't even attempted it yet..

Corie said...

This is a WOW card. I love it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails