Thursday, July 19, 2007

Simple Elegance

For the Ways to use it challenge we are supposed to do something different and interesting with corners. I don't know how different this is, but I chose to wrap ribbon around the corners. I have done this in scrapbooking and like the way it looks.
The stamped image is from the dollar store. I've had it for a while but this is the first time it has seen ink. Colored the image using my Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.
Ran the paper through the Cuttlebug using a Fiskars embossing template. I used my Slot Punch from Stampin Up to make the scallops. I sponged on a little Pretty In Pink on the second layer and on the edge of the scallops.
The ribbon was a remnant and the silk roses I recieved from my DSS pattyb. (Thank you Patty)
Using a tip from SherryCheever, I used Dimentionals along the bottom edge of the scallop to pop it out a bit.
Put it all together and this is what I came up with! Simple but elegant!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails