Monday, July 2, 2007

Thinking outside of the box

Happy Monday to everyone!!! We had a pretty restful weekend here. We spent the whole time at home just hanging out. It's still wet and rainy around here so no outside activities. We did play a killer game of Monopoly Saturday night. R****** actually let the kids beat him. He usually kicks butt, but he was really tired from working 13 days straight so he was trying very hard to lose (and not having much luck at it I might say). It took the kids a while to catch on to what he was doing and when they did we all had a good laugh. We always enjoy being with the kids, they keep us laughing. We had plenty of snacks and H***** was on a sugar high and in very rare form. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have K****** join us. She had to work.


I got up this morning and puttered around the house. Had a bowl of cereal and then checked the challenge on SCS. Beth has challenged us to be more creative and think outside of the usual. The challenge was to add something unexpected to our cards. I'm not sure mine is "unexpected", but it's the best I could come up with. I used water balloons as an accent.
I chose to do a square card cause I really like how they look. Sometimes I think I tend to overload the regular sized cards but it's hard to do that with a square one. This is what I came up with. All products are Stampin Up unless otherwise noted. The main image was a stamp from the dollar bin at Michaels and I made the background by stamping the confetti stamp from My Favorite Teddy Bear with Black Stazon and then watercoloring stripes over it. I hope you like it. It's very colorful!


Stamps: Favorite Teddy Bear, All Occassion, Present image from Michaels
Paper: White, Green Galore, Basic Black
Inks: Black Stazon, Black Pigment Ink, Green Galore
Accessories: Balloons, Wire works, Paintbrush, Marker, Stickles, Ribbon, Dimentionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails