Monday, July 9, 2007

Technique lover's challenge

What a great Monday morning. The sun is shining(we have had rain almost everday for the last three weeks) and I get to stamp. The challenge on SCS today was to use scraps. This is perfect for me because I have loads of scraps. By the way. I store my scraps in a 8 1/2 x 11 page protector next to the matching card stock. I always pull from the scraps first before I cut a new piece of CS. You wouldn't believe how much paper that saves. Any way, back to the card.
My inspiration for the colors I used came from the ribbon. The dotted ribbon was some that I picked up from the dollar bins at Michaels. The pink came from Hancock Fabrics. I chose Pixie Pink, Yo Yo Yellow and Only Orange. I placed my pieces of CS on the card and then glued them and ran a zig zag stitch over them. For the main image I chose Birthday Best and All Occasion. I added the balloon brads to the corners and diamond stickles to the cupcake. There you have it. A bright and cheery birthday card for a little girl.


Recipe
Stamps: All Occasion, Birthday Best. Paper: White, Yoyo Yellow, Pixie Pink, Only Orange. Ink: Black, Pixie Pink. Accessories: Brads, Dimentionals, Markers, Diamond Stickles, Ribbon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails