Monday, July 30, 2007

Still working my way through the challenges


I just wanted to take the time to post the cards that I was able to make today. It was a really good stamping day for me. I did the Featured Stamper challenge first. Lauraly on SCS has some amazing and I mean AMAZING cards in her gallery to choose from. One in particular caught my eye. It was vintage and I just loved the look of it. I change it up a bit, but kept the layout. In case you haven't been able to check out the DD challenges, this is how you make an image look vintage. First start by stamping your image. Then choose three varying shades of the same color. Start by sponging the lightest color over the entire CS, image included. Then take the next shade going from lightest to darkest and sponge just outside the image and all the way to the edges. Then sponge the darkest shade along the outside edges. After you have completed this, sponge brown just around the edge of the CS and finally go back over the whole CS, image included, with a light brown. For this card, I used Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, and Chocolate Chip. The flower was stamped using Bravo Burgundy and Old Olive, stamping off the inside of the flower and not the outline. I water colored the dragonfly and sponged over him with the Caramel to make him vintage too! The DP is from Basic Greys new Infuse line. (Yummo!) I stamped the sentiment on acetate and used brads to attach it. What do you think?
Recipe
Stamps: On Gossamer Wings, Heartfelt Thanks, Vogue Verses
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, Acetate,White, Infuse Basic Grey DP
Inks: Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Brads, Slot Punch. Ribbon

2 comments:

Corie said...

Beautiful -- very Vintage!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Becky, you've really knocked out some awesome cards recently! Since I don't have time to comment on everyone, consider this a comment on each! They're all gorgeous!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails