Sunday, July 29, 2007

Lost in stamping land!

Oh my! If you haven't checked out the Dirty Dare gallery on SCS, you should pop on over there and see. There are some amazing cards there. I just can't keep up with all the stamping and stalking and commenting. I did manage to crank out three more cards today. Here they are for your viewing pleas......well maybe not pleasure. Here they are for you to look at just so you know I'm not shirking! Hope you like them.

This first card has a sister. She's not quite as pretty so she doesn't like to have her picture taken. I tried to get her to be still long enough for me to get a good picture, but she wouldn't cooperate. Here they are together.


Now here is the pretty sister, who, by the way doesn't mind at all having her picture taken!





No, seriously! The challenge was to make a plain card and them make another using the same layout but just kicking it up a notch! Here are the deets on this card. DP is from The Paper Factory. The stamps I used were Curvy Verses and Ronna Farrer's Flourishes. Ribbon is from Ribbon FX. I ran the DP through my Cuttlebug using the circle EF. I added the gems on the corners and the big bling to the flower. I also used Dimentionals on the second one and not the first.

Recipe
Stamps: Curvy Verses, Ronna Farrer's Flourishes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Close To Cocoa, DP from The Paper Factory
Inks:Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Circle EF, Prima, Stick on Gems, Ribbon from Ribbon FX, Dimentionals, Marker(choco chip)


For the next challenge we were to do our interpretation of Monet and load him up on crack. (BadSherry....you are so bad). I struggled almost the whole day with this one. I just couldn't get the layout that I wanted. I kept trying to stick my Monet with this really pretty DP that I had just picked up, but he wanted to be the center of attention. I finally gave in and let him be the star of the show and used plain card stock.

The real story here is that we were to stamp in Monet style and then do the cracked glass technique over the image. I chose to do the butterfly from On Gossamer Wings (one of my all-time favorite sets). I inked it up using my markers. Choco Chip in the outside edges, Close to Cocoa on the inside and Black for the body and antennae. Misted the paper to get it nice and wet. Let it sit for a short bit and then stamped the image. This is the first time I have done this and I was quite pleased with the results. You are supposed to let it dry before covering with Versamark and UTEP but I had to speed up the process because I am not very patient. I used my embossing gun to dry the paper. I used my slot punch to make the ticket corners and put brads on the corners. I also used larger brads attached to circles to accent my card. Add ribbon and this is what you get!


Recipe
Stamps: On Gossamer Wings
Paper: Close To Cocoa, Basic Black
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Accessories: Ribbon, brads, dimentionals, UTEP, markers (choco chip, close to cocoa, black)


I have one more to share, but I am super tired now! I will post it in the morning! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails