Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Labor of love

I have a dear friend, who, after 20 years of marriage has decided to go it on her own. She has made a major move to a new city, and is trying to get her life on track. She has been in my thoughts and prayers quite a bit lately because I know it is very hard for her and scary too! The card I made today is for her, to encourage her and let her know that I am thinking about her.
I started off by using the colors from the challenge on SCS. Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip, and Old Olive. Everything is Stampin Up unless otherwise stated. The designer paper is made by The Paper Factory and My Minds Eye. Sentiment is Karen Fosters snap stamps and the image is Fun Filled.
If you notice, I used the same layout that I used for my SB page. I loved it so much that I thought it would look darling on a 5 1/2 square card.
The stitching is not faux. After gluing the pieces to the background, I used a zig zag stitch on my sewing machine.
The flower in the corner is made by using my lattice corner punch and a square piece of DP, folding in the punched corners. I got this idea from a card on SCS and I thought it was from
Notimetostamps gallery, but when I went to link it, I couldn't find it.
This was a very time consuming card, but it was for someone special, so I wanted it to look really nice.
Here is the final product.



Stamps: Full Bloom, Karen Foster snap stamps
Papers: Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, My Minds Eye DP, The Paper Factory DP
Inks: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Lattice punch, Corner punch, Hole punch,WW Punch, Fiskars circle template, Fiskars cutter. Ribbon, Cording, Brads, Dimentionals, Sponge, Markers

Have a great day and TTFN!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails