Friday, July 20, 2007

Doing a double take!

I stayed up last night in hopes that the challenge would be up and I could stamp before going to bed. I was in luck, it was posted about 9 pm Central time. Off to the stamp room I went to make a monochromatic card. Easy, right? How can you mess up on a challenge like that? Well, I did!
If I had taken the time to slllllooooowwww down and read through the guidelines I would have noticed that it said "no embellishments". What was I to do? I had already created my card and posted in the gallery, ribbon and all.
I decided to remake the card and just leave out the ribbon. I went to my stamp room and started cutting (this process went very fast, because I already had everything out from the night before). While I was doing this, I had a lightbulb moment(you know, like the ones you see in cartoons) I didn't have to leave the ribbon off. I could make my CS look like ribbon. So that's what I did. I ran two strips of 1/2 inch wide CS through my corrugator and then sponged Marigold Morning along the peaks. Problem solved! My card looked almost exactly as the first one. Here they are for you to see and compare.





The colors are Marigold Morning and Apricot Appeal. I made the background paper by using my Marigold Morning and Barely Banana reinkers, putting a few drops on a piece of Glossy CS and then taking another sheet, with right sides together and smooshing them. I learned this technique by reading Faith's blog. After it dried I stamped the small flower from Delight In Life all over one of the pieces.
The scalloped circle was pierced and then run through my Cuttlebug using a Fiskars Embossing Template.
The flower was made by stamping two flowers on the other piece of Glossy that I had smooshed, cutting them out, curling the edges and then layering them one on top of the other using a dimention dot.

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

Love the colors and how ou put the card together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails