Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Little red wagon.


Hi all! I was up late last night cause I couldn't sleep. I checked out the challenges on SCS and lo and behold Emily had posted the color challenge. Emily, you rock! The challenge colors were Real Red, Creamy Caramel and Barely Banana. I immediately thought of the Daisy D paper I had stashed in my DP. Yummy red with polka dots. I love polka dots. I laid the paper next to the papers and then decided that it needed the little wagon from My Favorite Teddy Bear. But hmmmm what to put in the wagon? I finally decided to fill it with flowers from Loads of Love. From that point on it took on a life of it's own. I stamped the flowers first and then masked them off and stamped the wagon. Didn't exactly get it where I wanted, but I have a hard time with that. I really should invest in a Stamp-a-ma-jig. All well, it wasn't too awfully bad so I went with it. I drew the background in using the inspiration and techniques I learned from one of my favorite stampers JeanneS. She is much better at it than I, but I keep trying. I then colored the image with my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. Did some scallops on the DP and some piercing on the Red and Caramel and started putting it together. I decided it needed some ribbon and brads. You can't go wrong with ribbons and brads. Here is the finished product.


Stamps: Favorite Teddy Bear, Loads Of Love, Canvas
Paper: Daisy D DP, Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana, White
Inks: Black Stazon, Real Red
Accessories: Ribbon, Brads, Corner Punch, Scallop Punch, WW Punch, Piercier, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Dimensionals


Have a great day! TTFN


3 comments:

Laura said...

So Cute! I love how you filled the wagon with flowers!

Scrappyant said...

Great job on the card and welcome to the Blog world.

Sherry Cheever said...

This is just way too adorable! Glad I found your blog too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails