Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Howdy


I love Wednesdays because that is when Roxie posts the layout challenges on SCS. She comes up with some of the coolest layouts. Layouts that I probably would never even think of on my own. Funny thing is, the layout for today is just like the card I made yesterday. I toyed with the idea of taking the day off and not doing the challenge and just linking it to yesterdays card. Well, after thinking about it for a minute of two, I decided that I really needed to stamp. (therapy....KWIM)

When I started out I had something completely different in mind. I was going to make a baby card, but after rummaging around my stamps, I decided to blow the dust off a set I hadn't used in a while. Cowboy Kid. I thought that a big ole star would be a great idea to go along with this stamp set. I got the star off the computer from clipart and printed , cut it out and then used a mixture of elmers glue and copper pearl ex powder to color it. I also colored a piece of white card stock with the same mixture for the background. I stamped the cowboy on white cardstock and used my Prismacolor Pencils to color him in and then cut him out. As soon as the star dried I used a sharpie marker to add a little detail and then stamped the sentiment with Black Stazon. I stamped the Real Red with the paisley stamp and used a white gel pen to add a little more detail. I used my corner punch to make the scallops and then used a star punch to add a little more. I ran white ribbon across my Night Of Navy pad to make it look a little like denim. Punched the corners and added star eyelets and then added the rope. There you have it.


Stamps: Cowboy Kid. Paper: White, Real Red, Brocade Blue. Ink: Black Stazon. Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Ribbon, Eyelets, Corner Punch, Slot Punch, Copper Pearl Ex Powder, Elmers Glue, Natural Twine, Dimentionals.

1 comment:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

This card is soooo cute! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails