Monday, June 16, 2014

Celebrate Freedom With A S'more Kit

It's ABC (Anything But A Card) Monday at Catch The Bug  and I've got a little Fourth Of July project to share with you.  It's fun, simple  and yummy but the best part is I've recycled a spaghetti jar in the process. Just doing what I can to keep our planet clean and green!

Now, while Bugaboo Stamps has a lot of great images that are perfect for this project, I chose to feature AKV World Flags-USA.  He just reminds me of Texas!

Here is my completed project.  It holds enough s'more stuff for four.
 delicious treats.  Can you imagine the smiles on your friends faces when you gift them with this?!!



To begin, you need to wash a nice size jar and lid  let them dry.  (mine was Kroger brand spaghetti sauce so there were no embedded logos)

Now, gather the following items:

1. Designer paper
2. Mod Podge
3. Colored mage and whatever you want to embellish with.
4. Ribbon
5. (2) Bamboo skewers
6. (4) Marshmallow in a baggie
7. (4) Graham crackers in a baggie
8. (4) Snack size Hershey's bars
9. Pencil for tracing the lid.


Begin by tracing a circle on the back side of your designer paper using the lid for your template.  Once you have done that, draw a larger circle around that one.  I free handed this but you could use a circle template.  It needs to be about 3/4 to 1 inch larger than your first circle.
Next, take scissors and make cuts at 1/2 inch intervals just up to the inner circle  like you see in the diagram below:


Now it's Mod Podge time.  Use a brush (I couldn't find mine so I used my fingers, talk about messy) and apply a generous amount of Mod Podge to the outside of the lid and the inner circle of your designer paper.  Then place your lid onto the DP, smoothing out any bubbles.


Start applying Mod Podge to a few of the cut pieces and fold them up, one by one.  When you have them all in place and smoothed out, add another layer of Mod Podge to the entire  DP surface and then set it aside to dry while you fill and decorate the jar.  I made a belly band for mine using a strip of  DP that was 12 x 1.5 inches.  That's all it took for this fun and tasty treat!

Here is another one I created using the same image but a different designer paper.


I colored the image using Copic markers.  

Hope you have enjoyed this project and tutorial!

Until next time, have a great day and thanks for stopping by!  TTFN

Crafty hugs,
Becky G


Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails