Monday, September 23, 2013

Mum's The Word

This post isn't card related but it is craft related.

We moved to Texas about ten years ago and found out very quickly that Texans looooove football, not that other states don't, but they really love it.  They do it up big here too!  Big stadiums and big traditions.  One of those big traditions  is Homecoming mums!  The bigger the better!  

Here's where the craftiness part begins.

My son comes home from school and says he's taking a senior to Homecoming and needs me to make a mum!  A BIG mum cause she's a Senior!  Awesome, I get to get my craft on.  So after a trip to Michael's and Hobby Lobby and a ridiculous amount of money spent it was time to break out the staples and glue gun.  A search on youtube for Military Braids, a couple of days working on it and a few burnt fingers later and this is the end result.


How do you like the Harry Potter bear?  The robe is a recycled t-shirt that didn't fit me anymore.  There are also lights around the mum, but I have to find my batteries.

Until next time, have a great day and thanks for stopping by!  TTFN

Stamping hugs,
Becky

Challenges:

Inspire Me Fridays-Anything Goes
Make It Monday-Anything Goes

2 comments:

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Oh wow, this is stunning, just love the feel of elegance.
Hugs

loz said...

This is Stunning Becky. I saw this on MIM..Loz

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails