Saturday, March 31, 2012

Time for pastels & bunnies

It's almost time for Easter and I'm so excited that today's challenge at Catch The Bug is all about Easter.  I have very fond childhood memories tied to this time of year!  My mom was a seamstress and she would sew my sisters and I each a new  dress every year.  They all matched but were different colors and we were so cute in them.
Easter 1972 with my cousins.
I'm the tall one in the back, that's my sister Anna to the left of me and my sister Pam on the far right.


I also have  great memories with my own children.  Dying eggs, filling their baskets with loads of goodies and anticipating their excitement when they woke up Easter morning.  Easter programs at church!  We've hunted Easter eggs in the woods and we even hunted eggs in the house one year because all three of the  kiddos had the chickenpox.  Hunter was five months old, poor baby!

The kids hunting eggs in the woods in Washington because Easter coincided with Turkey season!!  
My mom has passed on and my kids have all grown too old to hunt eggs, but I still love this time of year and love making cards for the season.  Here's my card for this weeks challenge using Bugaboo Stamps POLKAB-Side Sit.



I printed the image on white card stock and colored it using Copic markers and water color pencils.
The die cuts were made using Spellbinders dies (Circle, Oval, Scalloped Circle & Scalloped Oval).  The border and back die cut was made using my Cricut and Elegant Edges cart.  I created the sentiment using Print Shop.  A little sponging (I masked the image before sponging around it), some fun designer papers and a ribbon added the finishing touches.

For more challenge inspired cards, head on over to Catch The Bug and check out what the team did!  Create your own card and link it up to the site and you could win some fun Bugaboo images!  

Until next time, have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by!  TTFN

Stamping Hugs,
Becky


Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, your photos really take me back to my won childhood memories, TFS.
Love your card. The colors are awesome and that image is adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails