Sunday, October 9, 2011

Double Z Treat Holder Tutorial

Good morning!  I promised you a tutorial on the Double Z Treat Holder that I had earlier in the week and here it is.  I'm not good at summarizing so there are lots of pictures and I hope my instructions are clear.  I'm starting with the finished treat holder so you can get a picture of what it's supposed to look like.  I didn't include the embellishments in the directions cause I figure you're gonna want to add your own flair to your project.  The image I used is Halloween Bobble Head Mummy from Bugaboo Stamps.:


Here are the basic supplies you need to get started.


Card base:
Card stock measuring 8 1/2 x 9 1/2 ( I chose pumpkin)
(1) strip of black card stock measuring 2 x 6 inches
(1) strip of gold card stock measuring 1 1/2 x 6 inches

Band:
(1) strip of black card stock measuring 8 1/2 x 2 inches
(1) strip of gold card stock measuring 8 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches

Image and embellishments

For instructional purposes I used white card stock for the following two photos so you could see the score and fold lines better.

Make score lines parallel to the bottom at 2 1/2 and 2 1/4 inches.

Turn card stock and make score lines at 1 1/2, 3, 3 1/4, 6 1/4, 6 1/2, and 8 inches.

Now turn your card stock again and add 1/2 inch score lines on both sides of just the bottom portion.  (refer to the photo for this, these are your glue tabs)

Cut away the portion with the solid lines.  You can pencil this in on your card stock if you need to and erase later.  It's up to you.




This is what it should look like after you've made your cuts.  Now it time to make your folds.

Fold the  two inside scores on both sides towards the center,  The outside scores on both sides away from the center and the bottom scores up towards the center.

Burnish your edges with a bone folder so they are nice and crisp.

The next photo show what your folds should look like.


Now it's time to assemble your treat holder.

  
With the  front flaps folded, add your adhesive to  half of the the flap and attach the front strip of card stock.  I also like to add adhesive to my front strip to give it a little more stability. While holding your folded card closed, attach the front strip making sure to center it.

It's time to make your band.  I like to attach my smaller strip of card stock to my larger strip before I make my score lines.  Score the band at 2 1/2, 2 7/8, 5 7/8 and 6 1/4 inches and crease, fold and glue.


This is what your card and band should look like.  I used my cuttlebug and label one nestabilities to create a frame for my image.  When attaching your image to the front of you card, you are going to add your adhesive to only the portion attached to the right flap.


That's pretty much it!  As you can see from the completed picture I added a little punched moon and some hand cut lettering to finish it off, but you can embellish yours any way you want.  Sorry this was so long but I hope it was clear enough!  Have fun creating your own treat holders.

Until next time, have a great day and thanks for stopping by!  TTFN

Stamping Hugs, 
Becky

4 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! This is a great tutorial! I know it must have taken some time to do! Thanks! It looks like a fun one to do! I love the first one you created!

Lisa Kind said...

PS...I liked this image so much I bought it (and 4 others)!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Wonderful....thank you for the straight forward tutorial to this fun project. I hope the candy is left by the time I finish my project like yours...lol

Unknown said...

Great tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing!Love the colors you used too


Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails