Thursday, February 17, 2011

Let's Party!

I finally did it and Catch The Bug is responsible!  Their challenge this week is to make a card with something other than a normal fold.  Everywhere you go on stamping sites today you see  easel cards!  I love the way they look but have never tried one before, that is, until today.  I finally took the plunge and was really surprised at how easy they are to put together.  Here is what I came up with:
Can you tell I'm still in a red mood? I just love the punch it added to the black and white polka dotted paper.

That cute little bee image was a freebie a few weeks back.  I colored him with copic markers.  I also pulled out my "Let's Party' set from stampin up for the presents along the bottom and the sentiment.  I got a gift card to Hobby Lobby from my sweet darling hubby for V-day and I picked up the Label One nesties today so of course I had to put them right to work.  They were 40% off and had I known that I would have gotten another set but I didn't have time, I had to get back to work.  I guess I'll have to find my way back there tomorrow.  *GRIN*

I'm signing off for now.  Until next time, have a great day and thanks for stopping by! 

Hugs, Becky



8 comments:

Jen said...

Super cute, Becky! Very graphic with the red & black and I love that bee. TFS!

~ Jen

Melissa S. said...

Well for your first Easel card you did a great job. Thank You for shareing it with us at Bugaboo this week.

Lori said...

Becky this is AWESOME! I love the red with the black and white dots...it really catches your eye. Nice job! I love that little bee too. Great job on the easel card too! Thanks for playing along at the Catch the Bug challenge. I hope you'll join us again!
Lori

Rae Anne said...

Becky, every day on your blog is like Christmas! It's always so exciting to see what you create with Bugaboo Stamps and pour over all the details! What an(another) absolutley fabulous card!!!Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug’s A Different Kind of Fold challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

JustYolie said...

Great card!

Lena said...

Super cute card. I am a new follower and love to invite you to my blog for a give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Becky, you did a great job with this challenge-thanks for playing at the Bug!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails