Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cooking With Cricut challenge #15

Good morning and welcome to this weeks Cooking With Cricut challenge. The theme this week is Groundhogs Day so we will be using shadows on our projects. Now according to Puxatwnee Phil, who did not see his shadow this morning, we're in for an early spring. I sure do hope so. I'm ready for the cold weather to end and for spring to arrive. It's fourteen degrees here in Dallas, Texas. Yes, you heard me right. Fourteen degrees and that doesn't even include the wind chill!!!!! BRRRRRR!!!!!! I'm sitting here all bundled up while I type this post but enough about that. Here is my card for the challenge.


I used the Mouse Couple Kissing Topper from Page Kits and watercolored the image. I decided to let it perch on top of the scalloped box which contains the shadowing on my project. I added four shadowed hearts made by layering the red heart on top of the black heart, slightly off setting them. They were cut using my George cart and so were the letters. I also used my Mini Mono cart for the scalloped box. Since I was using the Mouse Couple Kissing Topper I chose to make Valentine card.

Be sure to check out all the other fabulous projects from the team and we would love for you to play along.

Thanks and have a great day! Stay warm! TTFN

Hugs, Becky

11 comments:

Anita said...

Becky, This card is Super Cute!! I love those little mice! Anita

Jean said...

This is so cute, I love that little mouse couple.
Jean- CWC DT

Dalis said...

oh Becky, I feel for you 14 degrees is bad when you are used to it, I cannot even imagine it when you are not used to it. Our windchill is in the negative numbers right now, and hubby is avoiding the un-avoidable... to clean up the 19+ inches of snow in the drive-way.

I love your all black/white and red project!

-- dalis
CWC DT

Jen said...

Oh, Becky! This is just adorable! What a sweet valentine and all of the little details make it so special. Stay warm, girl -- wish I could send you some Florida sunshine but it is rainy, rainy, rainy here.

~ Jen, CWC DT

Jessie/knightrone said...

SO super cute!!

Melissa said...

Super cute card! I hear ya about the 14 degrees, I am in OKC and it is 12 degrees. What gets me is it was 70 on Saturday!! Stay safe and warm.

Maria Elena said...

I'm in love with your card Becky, is super cute !
Thanks for sharing with us this week at CWC
Have a great Thursday ;-)
Maria Elena - CWC DT
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

GabyCreates.com said...

Your card is way too adorable Becky!!!
sorry to hear what Melissa just stated about the weather... we are in the 70s her in So Ca--stay warm and safe!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

WOW, this card is soooo wonderful.
Annette

Stacy Morgan said...

Adorable....

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Too cute! Look at those mice! How adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails