Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ahoy Matey

It's time for another Hambo Hoedown card and as usual, I am just getting this in under the wire.  You see I have the really bad habit of not reading things through.  Let me explain. 

I recieved this weeks fun and fabulous free image for doing last weeks challenge and thought I read that the challenge was to make a nautical themed card.  Seems easy enough so yesterday I started working on what I thought was a great challenge card, the only problem is I made it with reds, blues and some yellow.  When I checked back to make sure I was gonna make the deadline there it was in clear writing for me to see  "Create a beach scene card using blues, browns and kraft".  Hmmmmm!  The card I had originally made wasn't gonna work.  Silly me!

So that brings me to today and this card that I made last minute.  I'm not real thrilled with it but it's a beach scene and it has blues and browns in it.  What I am thrilled about is is the fun image that I got for participating and knowing that by getting this done and posted that I will have earned another great image. 

To create the beach scene I cartooned a beach image using my photo editing software and printed it on caramel paper.  I then corrugated another piece of caramel paper and glued the beach scene to it.  Before the glue could get good and dry I tore away some of the corners to expose the corrugated paper underneath.  To color my image I used a watercolor brush and reinkers in navy and brown. 

That's it in a nutshell.  I'm gonna get this all linked up and put it behind me and try to remember next time to slow down and read things through thoroughly!

Until next time, thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!!!!  TTFN

Hugs, Becky

4 comments:

Hambo Hoedown said...

I think it's GREAT! So glad you made it under the wire!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So cute!

Monica Hunter said...

I think it turned out really cute -- and just think, now you have TWO cards! So glad you were able to join us again this week! :)

Unknown said...

So nice card! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails