Monday, December 27, 2010

Scarlette's All Glammed Up For New Years

Bugaboo stamps has another challenge going on this week, so I thought I would try my luck at it again. I won last week's challenge and this is one of the images I chose. She is Scarlette Party and she is ready to ring in the New Year with this gorgeous red sparkly gown, don't you think?!!!

I printed her image and colored her with copics and then covered her dress with glossy accents and dazzling diamonds. I wanted her dress to look like it was covered with rhinestones. I think it looks pretty darn close.

The clock image was made using my Cricut and Graphically Speaking cart. The numbers were made using my Storybook cart. All it needed to finish it off was a little more glitz so I added silver ric rac, flourish thicker, a gem on the clock and the sentiment (Stampin Up retired). Voila!!! She's ready to party!

I've personally never glammed up for New Years. We usually spend the holiday safe and sound at home, but I like the idea of getting all dressed up and maybe who knows, one day I will. Of course if I wanted to look as good as Scarlette, I'd have to hit the gym and drop some pounds, so don't look for it to happen anytime soon. LOL!

I better be getting off this thing and get back to work. I spent part of the day today cleaning up from the mounds of wrapping paper, packaging and stacks of dishes left in the aftermath of Christmas. I don't think my house will ever recover if I keep getting sidetracked, you know?!!! Oh, who really cares anyway! I think I'll be a rebel and create again tomorrow! Who's with me?!!! Until then, have a great day and thanks for stopping by! TTFN

Hugs, Becky
Pin It

7 comments:

Jen said...

I love it, Becky! What a great card. I too am a home-body on New Year's Eve. We always play games with the kids, have an appetizer dinner, and watch the ball drop at midnight. But someday, it might be fun to get all glammed up and have a night out on the town . . . nah, my jammies are just way too comfortable! LOL!

Catherine said...

Thank you so much for joining us at Catch the Bug this week ! Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS ! Love the clock and the glittery dress ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Rae Anne said...

OH WOW!!! Scarlette is smokin' hot in the glittery dress and the flourish and clock are sooo swanky! I love this card! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's New Year/Celebration challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

Jenny said...

You are right, Scarlette is glamed up and I love it! Very fab dress!Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge with us this week!

Unknown said...

So nice card! :)

GabyCreates.com said...

Love it!

Paul said...

Thanks for taking the time during this busy period to join in with our challenge at Bugaboo.
TFS
Paul

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails