Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly


Fa la la la la.....la la.....la....la! Or you can deck the halls using your Cricut. This week's challenge on Cooking With Cricut is to use your Cricut to make holiday decor.
For me the choice was simple. I wanted to make a framed sentiment that I would be proud to give to a friend or display in my own home.


From time to time, I stop in the local Dollar store to see if they have anything that would look great altered. I picked up these really cool black frames a while back and have had them sitting on my shelf waiting for a project. They're long and have a trio of frame inserts so they were perfect.


For me, the colors of Christmas have always been the traditional colors of red and green so that was my starting point.

I cut the snowflake using my Graphically Speaking cart and the letters using my Storybook cart. I added a green scalloped circle behind the snowflake to make it "pop" and layered them all on a piece of red striped card stock. The letters are popped up with dimentional dots. The buttons were a last minute touch.



That's it! Super simple and inexpensive holiday decor item that's sure to please.

So what are you creating for the Holidays? We would love to see your holiday Cricut projects, so stop on by the Cooking With Cricut blog and show us what you come up with!

Have a fabulously crafty day! TTFN

Hugs, Becky

12 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful. This is a wonderful gift idea and I am sure they will love it.

Jen said...

What a great idea, Becky! Now I'm going to have to add a stop a the Dollar Store to my list of errands!

Dalis (stampergirl) said...

I've never seen cool frames like that in my dollar store. Great Find and awesome altering!

- dalis
CWC DT

mum of two said...

What a beautiful idea Becky! I will have to keep my eyes peeled for a frame like this :)

michelle (cwcdt)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this! Now to find a frame like that lol. But it does give me loads of ideas. Great work by the way. I bet you could sell these at holiday craft shows and get a lot for them.

JustYolie said...

Wonderful Xmas decor! :)

Madison said...

Very clever Becky:) Good find with the frame!! I love how this turned out:)
~Madison www.funkycards.blogspot.com

GabyCreates.com said...

Gorgeous frame!!
Gaby

GabyCreates.com said...

Came back to say so sorry, I though I was already following all my CWCDT friends? following you now!
and to tell you that it is not just a gorgeous project, it is one to scraplift! thanks for the idea!
Gaby

Cathie Rigby said...

You are brilliant this is completely beautiful-Great Job!!!! Hugs Cathie

Unknown said...

So beautiful project! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails