Saturday, September 25, 2010

Think Pink from The Cutting Cafe

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and there's a new set available from The Cutting Cafe just in time to honor our friends and loved ones who have been affected by this disease.

I don't think there is a person on this planet who hasn't been affected by breast cancer in one way or another.

My younger sister found out at the young age of 34 that she had it and had to deal with surgeries, chemo and radiation as well as many years of follow up tests and medications. I'm thankful to say that she is a survivor and the inspiration for this card. One thing she said repeatedly while going through the whole process of fighting cancer was that no matter how bad things got, she would not let cancer take her smile. That's why I chose such fun and sassy papers to go with this gorgeous image. For my sister! Anna you're awesome and your strength never ceases to amaze me!


I printed the image on white card stock and colored it with Copics and punched out with my oval nestabilities.
To add the finishing touches I used a prima, brad, glossy accents, ribbon and a punched flower with sentiment on it (also from The Cutting Cafe).

This awesome layout is brought to you by the fabuous Jen at i heart2stamp. It's for her weekly sketch challenge.

Thanks for stopping in! Have a great day! TTFN

Hugs, Becky

10 comments:

Regina Easter said...

oh my Becky, this is truly gorgeous.....awesome awesome news about your sister..what a blessing...hugs

Tasha said...

Your sister is a true inspiration.
Love the card, such a yummy colour combo and awesome design, love the dp
love tasha xx

~Jeri~ said...

Beautiful card! I love the fun papers! I have been told the same from other fighters and survivors of cancer, that they won't let it take their smiles, and what a strong stand to take! I'm so glad that your sister is doing well and I pray that she continues to have a healthy future!
I look forward to working with you and learning from you on The Cutting Cafe DT!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty, and such a touching story.

Joy said...

this is amazing, so excited to be working with you!

Jeri said...

What an incredible tribute to your sister. Being a cancer survivor is an awesome point to be at after struggling through surgeries and treatments. Beautiful card and one of my favorite color combos, pink and black. I wear pink because I'm a survivor,too. So glad to be on the DT with you. ~JT~

GiuliaG. said...

What a beautiful card. That is awesome news about your sister...I will continue to pray for her!

Kelly said...

What a great card to honor your sister through her surgeries and treatment! I love the pink and brown color combo and the paper you used is gorgeous! I'm so glad that your sister is doing well and has not let this evil disease take away her smile!

Anonymous said...

Sis... thank you for honoring me with this beautiful card. You are my strenght! *SMILE*
I love you!
Anna

Lori said...

Very pretty card for a very important cause!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails