Friday, July 9, 2010

Bright Shiny New Lily

I was checking out some of my favorite blogs yesterday and found out there was a new Lily digi image released at Pink Cat Studio. Her name is Strawberry Lily and the minute I saw her I just had to have her.

She reminded me of my daughter Karissa.

When Karissa was three years old, she was in love with this cute little sundress she had with strawberries all over it. She called it her strawberry dress and she loved it so much, she wanted to wear it all the time. She even wanted to sleep in it.

Here is a picture of her wearing it. Wasn't she cute?!!

Eventually she outgrew the dress and we had to sneak it away while she was asleep. She missed if for a while but got over it. Ahh! Memories!!!!

On to the details of the card.

I colored Lily with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol and paired her with some Summer Sun for the SCS ways to use it challenge to use yellow. I wouldn't usually use these colors together, but I'm really happy with the results.

That cute checked paper is some more Back To Basics Paper. I'm addicted you know!

Today I've been playing around with paper roses, following one of Tim Holtz tutorials and can't wait to share that with you but I don't want to overload the posts.

I'm really enjoying my time off from work. I have one more week and I have to go back. Drats! If I could only stay home and stamp every day and still get paid. Wouldn't that be nice?!!! I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks that about the crafts they love.

I'm outta here! Have a great weekend! TTFN

Hugs, Becky

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Too cute. I can see how the image reminds you of your daughter, both the image and your daughter are adorable! Love the paper you used!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails