Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Sketch Hour

Good morning! It's time for Saturday morning Sketch Hour at the Cuttlebug Challenges Blog. The super talented Aymee has come up with a fabulous layout design for us. As soon as I saw it, I grabbed my new So-so-sweet Mat Pack (the paper studio) and dug right into the challenge. I came out of my stamp room just ten short minutes later with this little number.

The main image was made by first cutting a 3 x3 square piece of white card stock and then centering my Threading Water Punch on all four sides and then just cutting away the small piece on the corners and embossing with the Decorative Borders Folder.

The top row of what seems to be lace is actually a strip of copy paper that I punched with my scallop Border Punch and then pleated and glued to the back of the card stock.

The swirl was made by stamping my flourishes stamp (Rhonna Farrer) and then cutting it out and flipping it so that you don't see the stamping. Add a few Primas, borders and a stamped sentiment and this is the end result.


If you have time to stamp or create today and you need a little creative inspiration, you should pop in on the Cuttlebug Challenges Blog and take a look at Aymee's layout and give it a try. We would love for you to join us.

Stamps: Flourishes. Papers: White, So-so-sweet Mat Pack, Copy Paper. Ink: Black. Extras: Cuttlebug, Decorative Corners Folder, Various Border Punches, Primas, Brads.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! TTFN

12 comments:

Tina said...

Gorgeous, love the colors and flowers.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty!

Tasha said...

beautiful!
love tasha xx

Shirley said...

The colors are just wonderful and the card is beautiful!

Maria said...

Wow Becky! Your card is gorgeous and I love that swirl, the CB embossing, the scallops, everything. Such a pretty layout and I love the borders!!! bEautiful job!!

maria

Corie said...

absolutely beautiful!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty!! Love the colors!!

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card, love the colours and the collection of flowers!
Clairex

L.A. said...

It always amazes me when I read the details of how a card is made...copy paper with pleating??? Too cool!!

Crystal Ware said...

Fabulous card! The colors and details are just amazing.

Meda said...

Great color combo!
Meda

Anonymous said...

Love this! All the colors and layers are great together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails