Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm such a goof!

I should have known things were coming together all to well. I was up later than usual last night and blurfed on over to CPS to check out their new weekly layout. Usually I print a copy for me to take to my stamping desk, but I'm low on toner and didn't want to haul my hiney out to Wally World at 11:00 PM. "No problem", I said to myself, I'll just remember the layout. Well, there is a problem! My 46 year old brain just loves messing with me and likes to change things up from time to time. LOL! This was one of them.

Imagine my dissappointment when I got ready to post my card and looked at the CPS site and discovered that the main image was supposed to be an oval, not a rectangle! Argh! Oval, rectangle, now how in the heck could my brain mix the two of those up? LOL! I guess my mantra this year is gonna have to be "write it down, write it down"!

Anywho, here is the card that I created. Again, I used one of the lovely images that Sue (coffeestamper) sent me. Thanks again, Sue! I *love* this image to pieces!

I colored the image with my Copics. I used my Martha Stewart punch for the border and photo corners (got a tutorial on that I'll post later today). The edges were sponged with Mustard and Choco Chip. The DP is from My Minds Eye and the card stock is Vanilla textured. In retrospect I think I should have sponged the edges of the vanilla too. I did deboss a border (using my Cuttlebug and border EF) along side the scallop border, but you can't really see it in the pic. I have no idea who to give credit for the image but I think she's very pretty, don't you?

I guess I don't have to tell you what my next move today is gonna be. Gotta go stamp! Have a great day and thank for stopping by! TTFN

9 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Becky! She is a darling little girl image, love the rich colors. I like it with the square. hee hee

Kim Dellow said...

Oops - but still it is a lovely card :) Kim

Tina said...

Well, it's beautiful whether or not it followed the sketch. But, sometimes, I have to look two or three times to make sure I got it right. Better luck next time!

Shirley said...

Wow, Becky, your card is lovely. I really like what you did with the paper and the corners too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Well, whether it is wrong or not, it is TOTALLY cute!!

Nikki said...

Bummer on the mix up but it came out beautifully!

Michelle Pearson said...

gorgeous even if it is square instead of oval. I'm not 46 and I still do it!!! I guess I just got afflicted 10 years younger!! LOL!

Catherine said...

A beautiful card! Love the colors! And who cares if it doesn't exactly meet the criteria! A gorgeous creation is a gorgeous creation! :)

Deborah Anton said...

This is just darling!! I love the corners!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails