Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sketch # 79

Good morning all and welcome to Thursday. If you follow my blog you already know what that means. If your new to my blog it means it's time for another Sketches card.

Tamara created another awesome layout for us this week and I had such a great time coming up with this week's card.

Here is this weeks sketch:


Here is my card for this weeks sketch:

I've been thinking about my mom a lot lately so it was easy to decide what my focus was gonna be, butterflies. I inked up the butterfly from Expressions (Inkadinkado) with Cranberry and stamped it on the white textured paper. I then punched a swirl in the wings and around the edges of the butterflies. I went back overthe punch areas and wings with a Copic marker to add a little more depth. The sentiment and corner flourish were stamped in white pigment ink and heat embossed with white ep. I added some adhesive pearls (Elements) just to give a little something extra. Mom would have loved this one for sure.

Paper: White, White textured, DP from Wild Asparagus (My Minds Eye). Stamps: Expressions. Ink: White Pigment, Cranberry Extras: Scallop Border & Butterfly Punch(Martha Stewart) Piercing Tool, Cuttlebug & Just My Type Border Folder, White EP, Adhesive Pearls, Copic.

Make sure to stop by the Sketches site to see the lovely cards from the other members of the design team. We would love for you to do the sketch with us and if you do, you could be our featured stamper. Just leave a comment and a link to your design on the Sketches site. Happy Stamping and hugs to you!

That's all I have for now. Gotta go to work. Thanks for stopping by! TTFN

12 comments:

Tina said...

The color combo is so striking and the butterflies are just perfect.

Tasha said...

Wow lovely card - its so sticking it beautiful love tasha xx

AnnMarie said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! The pearls were a wonderful addition! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Becky this is gorgeous! The white against the background is striking!

Tammie said...

Beautiful Card...love the butterflies. (I also enjoy the music on your blog.)

Olena said...

WOW! What the beautiful card! Love it! great job!

Meda said...

Lovely butterflies! Burgundy+butterflies+pearls= one of my favorite combinations!

L.A. said...

Hi Becky,
Great card!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Lori

Catherine said...

What a beautiful card, Becky! It is truly stunning! I love the colors and how you worked the butterflies!

Shirley said...

Becky, that is so elegant! Love everything you did with all of the images and the color combo too!

LORi said...

Beautiful!! Beautiful!!

Here is a treat for you from me:

http://byloridesigns.blogspot.com/2009/01/blog-award-from-robin.html

Cher said...

WOWSER! So pretty! Thanks for sharing...and yes I did the blog hoppin...hope I can snag a prize lol...Cheryl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails