Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SBS sketch challenge

One of my dear SBS2 blogging sistahs has posted a layout challenge over on the SBS cafe. Maria is an awesome stamper and has some really great layouts posted on her blog. This one was perfect for a card that I needed. My sister has a friend that is a breast cancer survivor and she asked me to make a card for her. Her friend will be visiting her in Kauii next month so I immediately went to my Seaside Sketches. I love this image from that set. I stamped her in black stazon and watercolored her using PPomegranate, CChip, BBlossom. I then sponged shades of blue going from lightest to darkest, starting close to the image and going out. I then embossed the image using several layers of UTEE . I love this technique. I added some texture to the white panel using my cuttlebug and a Fiskars template. I'm not sure of the designer of the DP as I used scraps. I used Pretty In Pink to symbolize Breast Cancer Awareness. I hope she likes it!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Wow...I so love this...As always your work is terrific!!!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is beautiful, love the softness of it.

My Paper World said...

This is so pretty! What a fab image! Your sisters friend will love it!
Nicola xx

Stamp n Sparkle said...

LOVE this card, I am a HUGE fan of that stamp set - wish I owned it :D
Zee

Sharon Caudle said...

You did such a beautiful job with this. It took my mind straight to the shores of Northern California and the Pacific Ocean. I'm sure she's going to love it!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

beautiful..... beautiful.... beautiful! Love your watercolouring & that IS an amazing layout, :0) Mel

Lori said...

Beautiful! I love how you did the main image.

craftyrachel said...

Nice job! I really like the colors you used here. The soft look reminds me of a down blanket.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails