Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Another Cricut card.....this one's a Valentine

Michele Kovack commented on one of my Cricut cards and told me about this terrific site where they hold contests for cards made using the Cricut. It's Regina Easter's site called Bitten By The Bug. I just had to go and check it out. This month they are having a shape contest and you can use any cartridge. Just make a card using shapes. Since I am on a Valentine kick and I have the George Cartridge which just so happens to have heart shapes, I decided to make a Valentine card. This card was made, like I said, using the George Cartridge heart shape with the shift key. There are six heart shapes at 4, and 3 (DP) heart shapes at 3 1/2. I cuttlebugged the DP hearts and glued them to three of the larger hearts. I then glued three hearts together making a chain of hearts. I did the same with the other three, making sure that they matched the other chain exactly. I used a 2x2 1/2 piece of card stock, scored and folded down the center lengthwise and glued the two heart chains to make the hinge. I added ribbon, buttons, primas, hearts and the sentiment ( Love You) that I cut using the same cartridge at actual size of 1 1/2 inches. I also added some accent pieces cut from DP and some ice stickles for a little more pizazz.. You know me, I have to add some sparkle. This was the first shaped card that I have made using my Cricut and I have to say it was lots of fun. If you have a Cricut, you should pop on over and check out Regina's site. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Here is the recipe

Stamps: By Definition

Inks: Purely Pomegranate

Papers: White (GP), Perely Pomegranate, DP's from Making Memories and K&I CompanyAccessories: Buttons, Primas, Ribbon, Stickles, Pearl Dots
Tools: Cricut, George Cricut Cartridge, Cuttlebug, Heart EF, Slit Punch

10 comments:

Regina Easter said...

Becky, this is awesome.......love it....hugs..regina

jenn* said...

is it possible to go through withdrawals from things you've never had? i swear i'm having withdrawals of the cricut!
this is way cute, you did a great job on it!

Maria said...

Oh wow! This is so cute! I love all the different patterns! You made good use of the Cricut with this project. Great job!

Your SBS2 sis,
Maria

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, this is awesome.

Bonnie said...

Becky, this is absolutely AWESOME!! You have to enter it in the contest!! FABULOUS!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SO very very very pretty! I love your paper piecing, buttons, and stickles... it all makes it so funky! Hmmm...maybe I need a cricut too, lol. :0) Mel

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is fantastic! Love it!

Anonymous said...

You've been having a lot of fun with your cricut! Great job!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

This card is gorgeous! Beautiful work!!

Godchick said...

Oh, this is cute!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails