Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

The house smells so yummy! I have pies baking in the oven and it finally turned cold enough to light a fire in the fireplace. What great smells!!! It will be even better tomorrow when I cook the turkey and rolls. I love this time of year! The smells take me back to my childhood and the memories of family gatherings. Great times, great memories!
While I was waiting for my pies to bake, I headed into my stamp room to play with some of my new toys. You see, I had to stop by my local hardware store today and can you guess what's right next door? The Stamp Asylum, our local stamp store. What was I supposed to do? Just ignore the fact that I was so close to a stamp store. No way, I am just too weak!!!! I caved!
What great goodies I found! I picked up some stamps from Inkadinkadoo and Penny Black and Figgy Pudding DP. Gotta love that stuff! It's two sided and irresistible. I also picked up some Frosty Nights Shimmer Mist.
I just had to use all my new stuff on this card!
The layout is from SCS sketch challenge. I started by spraying Glimmer Mist on white CS. I then stamped and embossed the image using white pigment ink and white EP. I used Liquid Applique and Crystal Stickles to make the snow and snowflakes. To get the image white again, I used bleach and a q-tip. I had to let that dry before I went back with my markers and colored in the scarf and hat. The base of the card was made by spraying Glimmer Mist on Soft Sky and then stamping swirls with white pigment ink. I added the sentiment and ribbon and some scallops for a little more drama. I think this has to be my favorite Christmas card that I've done so far. What do you think?

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Jukie said...

This is so cute....brrrrr!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Your care is beautiful!!! I just love snowmen & snowflakes! And my second favorite thing is Tigger!!! I love the name of your Blog Site! Now I gotta go find that snowman stamp here in CA. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous job with the bleach ... just beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails