Monday, October 8, 2007

Gotta love Mondays!

Monday is my day or at least it used to be my day. It was the one day of the week that I set aside for me. DH would go back to work after having the weekend off and the kids would go back to school.
It's been a while since I have had Monday all to myself, but today I vowed to take back Monday. I made sure that all the stuff that needs to be done around the house got done over the weekend so that I could make time for myself today. I was a woman on a mission.
The only thing that I could not set aside was mom's radiation, but I knew that would only take a couple of hours. The rest of the day was mine, mine all mine I tell you!!!
I got up this morning and checked my google reader to see what everyone had been up to over the weekend. Wow! There were so many postings it took me about an hour to get through them all.
I saw that Jen had posted her weekend layout challenge so that went on my list of things that I wanted to do today. I also checked out Sherry and Jeanne's challenge. Looks like another fun one to do. I put it on the list too! I also put Beate's layout on the list too!
I set off for stamp land which, in my house, just happens to be a few short steps from my living room. It's my happy place!!!!
I started on Jen's challenge first. I started by stamping the butterflies from my Second Nature (Ronna Farrer) set. I water colored them using Elegant Eggplant. I then used purple stickles to go over the lines inside the wings and my clear stickles for the outside lines. While that dried I pulled out some DP and CS in greens and purples. I stamped the sentiment on Vellum and then ran it through the Cuttlebug using my swirls EF.
Next I moved on to Jeanne and Sherry's challenge. Their challenge was to make a card using critters. I picked up this stamp at HL last week while their stamps were on sale. It reminds me of my cute and fluffy kitty and it was perfect for it. I used the Jens layout for this one too. I stamped the image on white CS with Black Stazon and water colored the image using my stamp pads and a fine tipped brush. ( For those of you that have never done this, just press the lids of the stamps against the pads while closed. This will leave ink on the inside lid to water color with. I always make sure to wipe the lid before I close it) I used a black fine tipped sharpie to draw in the grass. The rest is pretty much self explanatory. I will list the recipe at the end of this post.
I was going to get going on Beate's challenge but I got a phone call and a friend wanted me to make a card for a friend of hers. She wanted Roses. Would you believe, the only stamp set I have with roses is Watercolor Garden. Boy, I could just kick myself for not getting Roses In Winter when I had the chance. Well, I had to make due with what I had.

I created a bouquet of roses by stamping and masking the rose several times. I drew the stems in by hand and added a bow at the base of the bouquet. It still needed something so I went for some sparkle and added stickles. She was very pleased with the results and requested that I make another.



Card 1

Stamps: Second Nature, Happy Harmony. Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, GP White, Vellum, DP. Inks: Elegant Eggplant. Accessories: Cuttlebug, Swirls EF, Stickles, Glue Dots, Ribbon.


Card 2

Stamps: Fluffles, $1 stamp (Michael's) Paper: More Mustard, Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip, GP White, DP (We R Memory Keepers). Inks; White PI, Mustard, Bordering, Chocolate, Old Olive, Artichoke, Bashful Blue. Accessories: Cuttlebug, Heart EF, Brayer, Paint Brush, Ribbon, Flower Punch, Circle Punch, White EP, Dimentionals.


Card 3

Stamps: Watercolor Garden, French Script. Paper: Cranberry Crisp, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, GP White. Inks: Cranberry, Old Olive, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel. Accessories: Cuttlebug, Swirls EF, Textiles EF, Brayer, Stickles, Ribbon Punch, Ribbon, Sponge


I didn't get the chance to do Beate's challenge today, but as they said in Gone With The Wind, "tomorrow is another day". Have a great one!!!!

2 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

All of these are just FABULOUS cards! At least you took your Monday's back and got some stamp time. WOO HOO!

Jen del Muro said...

These are great!! Thanks for playing along! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails