Thursday, July 5, 2007

Ways to use ribbon

Good morning all! I hope you had a wonderful and safe Fourth. We had a very fun and busy one. We went to the parade and then we barbecued and then topped it off with fireworks. All in all, I think everyone had a great time. The kids were all up late so they are sleeping in this morning so I was able to do the challenge early.The challenge was to use ribbon and I love ribbon so away I went. I challenged myself to use a wide piece of ribbon and some beads I've had for a while. I can't tell you how many times I have tried this before, but stopped because the wideness of the ribbon just seemed to overpower a regular sized card. Today, I decided to try it on a 5 1/2 inch square card. The results are much better.I chose this paper from My Minds Eye because it just seemed to go well with the ribbon and beads. The stamp set was an easy choice. I love Natural Beauty, it is one of my all time favorite sets, and the flower seemed perfect for what I wanted to achieve. I added a scallop layer behind the ribbon to give it a little more depth. Here is the end result. It's very soft!
  • Stamps: Natural Beauty
  • Paper: Bordering Blue, White. DP from My Mind Eye
  • Inks: Black Stazon, Bordering Blue, Certainly Celery
  • Accessories: Ribbon, Beads, Dimentionals, White Gel Pen, Slot Punch

I'm off to make breakfast for the kids as they are starting to stir. Have a great day! Tggrfriend out!

1 comment:

Corie said...

What a beautiful card!!! Love it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails