Saturday, June 23, 2007

Jen's challenge

Hello everyone. I hope that you are having a great weekend. I won't be posting tomorrow so I am posting two cards today. Sunday is the one day a week that we set aside as family time.
The first card was made for Jen Del Muro's (aka iheart2stamp). She is an awesome stamper and I get a lot of inspiration from her. You can check it out by clicking on her link to my favorite blogs.
This was super simple and went together relatively fast. I started by stamping the birthday sentiment from Alphabet Soup on glossy with black Stazon. I then used my positively pink, only orange, barely banana reinkers to give it the polished stone effect. Next I used the small flower from Delight In Life to stamp flowers around the edges of a piece of acetate. Let that dry and flipped it over and then colored the flowers using copper and purple stickles. While that was drying I cut out the rest of my card stock, summer sun, cameo coral, chocolate chip. Rounded some of the edges. Stamped swirls and sentiment. Did some piercing and the other pieces were dry. Time to put it all together. I decided that it needed a little something extra, so I added the primas with matching centers that I punched from the DP. This is the finished product. Very bright and sparkly.

Stamps: Alphabet Soup, Curvy Verses, Delight In Life
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun, Cameo Coral, Old Olive, Glossy, Acetate
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Black Stazon
Accessories: Flower Punch, Stickles, Paper Piercer, Brads




The second card was made using the layout from Beate's blog(Fresh & Fun). I changed it a little by using two different pieces of DP.
The inspiration for colors came from the DP from We R Memeory Keepers. I chose to use Old Olive, Barely Banana and just a dash of Elegant Eggplant. Cut the two pieces of DP and the CS first. Punched the corners of both using my slot punch. Took a small strip of Old Olive and wrapped ribbon around it using red liner tape to adhere it to the piece. Punched the flowers out and used my bone folder to curl the edges (thank you Markie's mom for that tip) and then used diamond stickles to add accent. While that was drying I punched and assembled my tag and stamped the little lady bug from Very Punny on Old Olive with black Pigment Ink and then embossed using clear EP. I prefer to do this rather than use Black EP because it doesn't leave leave black specks where I don't want them. KWIM. Then all I had to do was assemble the card.
Stamps : Very Punny, Snap Stamps
Paper: Barely Banana, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, We R Memory Keepers DP
Inks: Black Pigment Ink, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Flower Punch, Ribbon, Dimentionals, Stickles
Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting my site!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails