Monday, June 25, 2007

Bye bye favorite stamp set.

While it is very exciting that we will soon celebrate the release of the new Stampin Up catalog it is bittersweet. We have to say goodbye to some really great stamps. The technique challenge today was to make a business size card using anything that is on the list of retired items. I sat down with the list and decided that I wanted to pay tribute to my favorite set, Natural Beauty.
I was in the mood for rich colors so I pulled out a couple of pieces of DP that are loaded with them. S.E.I.'s Grandpa's Attic Paisley Hanky and Spectacles. Yummo!!!!! The colors I thought accented it best were Bravo Burgundy and Creamy Caramel. I added three different ribbons and some hardware. Stamped the main image with Black Stazon and distressed the edges and then watercolored Choco chip over the image and Bravo around the edges. Distressed all the other layers too. I then pulled out my hardware. I sanded it, beat it with a hammer (yes, I said beat it with a hammer) and then ran my Black stazon pad over it to distress it some. I also ran white ribbon over my Burgundy to tie through the hardware. I stamped the bird twice. Once on Caramel and then again on the Paisley Print. Cut the paisley out excluding the head and the glued it to the caramel image and then cut that one out and glued it onto the main image. There you have it. I think it looks very masculine. I would love to hear what you think.



Stamps: Natural Beauty , All Occasion
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Creamy Caramel, DP
Inks: Bravo Burgundy, Creamy Caramel, Black Stazon
Accessories: Hardware, Ribbon

1 comment:

Jessica/Faereygirl said...

I love it! That is my favorite stamp set too! It was the first one I bought when I started stamping about oh....15 months ago!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails