Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekend sketches

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good. Got the kids school shopping done. Only one week left til they go back. I can't believe how fast this summer flew by! The kids are so ready to be back in the classroom! Mom's kind of boring. LOL

Yesterday hubby had to work so I spent most of the day hanging out in my stamp room. I got to do some sketches that I love to do , but haven't had the time to do lately. I started with Jen's sketch for you to try. I sure have missed doing her sketches. They're always so fabulous!

This one came together pretty quickly seeing everything was already sitting out on my desk. How convenient. I love this DP from Basic Grey but sadly this was my last piece of it. I sponged Chocolate Chip ink on the ribbon to make it blend a little better with the colors I chose. The image was colored with my SU markers. I love these rustic colors, don't you?

The next challenge I did was Taylor's cupcake challenge. She has a super cute layout this week with lots of circles so I did lots of cupcakes.
Again, I pulled out my Nana's Kids papers (DCWV) and went with this argyle pattern. I love the purples and pinks and greens. In retrospect, I wish I had done the cupcakes in different colors, but all well, it's still cute. This card is 5.5x5.5.

This next card wasn't for any challenge. I was just playing around with my bird image from Cloud Nine Designs and came up with this card. Can you tell from the colors that I've been watching the Olympics?

This one's really sparkly. I added stickles the hearts and the raised embossing on the background. I love these cute little love birds!

I seem to have gone button crazy lately have you noticed?

Card deets
#1 Stamps: Changito Thank U (Stampendous). Paper: Kraft,Chocolate, Red, Basic Grey DP. Inks: Black Stazon, Markers. Accessories: Primas, Ribbon, Brads, Buttons, Embroidery Floss.

#2 Stamps: Cupcakes (Inkadinkado). Paper: Lilac, Green, Nana's Kids DP(DCWV). Ink: Black Stazon, Markers. Accessories: Scallop Punch, Circle Punch, Prima, Dimentionals, Stickles (Crystal and Purple).

#3 Stamps: So Loved (Cloud Nine Designs). Paper: White, Blue Textured, Red, Black Textured. Inks: Black Stazon, Markers. Accessories: Ribbon, Buttons, Stickles, Cuttlebug, Birds EF, Piercing tool.

I went for my interview and it turns out it was a pre-interview. They had something like 1200 applicants for about 4 positions. They're supposed to let me know in about a week if I made the cut for the second interview.

I had to take my mom in Friday for another tranfusion. It's only been 6 weeks since she had her last one. She's been really tired lately because her blood count was low. Hopefully the transfusion will help. Not much else going on here so I'll post this and go blog hopping. Thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Have a great day! TTFN

9 comments:

Deborah said...

Fantastic cards! Love your cupcake challenge card yumm! Deb

Tina said...

Awesome cards, I love them all. I also used stripes in my Jen challenge card.

Hope you wowed them and get your second interview; wow, that's alot o' people for four positions. The job market is tough.

Anonymous said...

You rocked the challenge!! Love the other cards, too! Hugs-Jd

Stacy Morgan said...

They are all so cute and fun! I love the monkey one Becky! I will keep the job in prayer as well as your mom. Hugs...

Stacy Morgan said...

Did my last post not work.. Darn it...

I love all the card, the monkey is my favorite. I will keep the job in prayer as well as your mom. Hugs...

Crystal Ware said...

Your cards are great. I love the layout of the first one and that monkey is just too cute. The love birds on the third are adorable. I hope you hear good news about the job. I am in the same boat. LOL. I hope all goes well with your mother too.

Kathryn said...

WOW -- all your cards are so very pretty!! Love them all! :)

Shirley said...

Wow! I love the stamp and your whole design, from color right down to the layout!

Shirley said...

I have to admit, duh me, I was commenting on the very last card. Now to the first one, That cute little monkey and the button and flowers is just wonderful. The second one is delicious!!! Ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails