Sunday, February 10, 2008

Punk meets pretty

Or at least I hope you think it's pretty! I was playing around with my cuttlebug hearts and wondered what it would look like if I added stickles to the image and then watercolored over it after it dried. I know, you're probably thinking, "why in the world would she even think to do that"? I don't know, just one of my many random thoughts. I'm just wired that way I guess. Anyway, back to the card. I tried it and I really like the results. Here, see for yourself:

Whaddya think? Not bad, eh?

This card has a friend and it's really not my usual style, but the inspiration for it came from the negative space that I had left from a sentiment that I cut with my Cricut. It just looked kind of punkish to me. I used staples ,which is something that I don't usually do, but it just fit. The heart is from my new Rhonna Farrer set, Hearts and Stars. The chipboard letter was from Target. I added the polka dots by using puffy fabric paint. The X's and O's are also fabric paint.



And here is the a group photo of the happy couple!

That's all I have for you today! I think their pretty self explanatory, but if you want more details just leave me a not. It's late again and I am so ready for sleep but DD #1 is out on a date and DD#2 is coming down with something. She's complaining of achiness and has a temp of 102.8. Sounds like the flu to me! We didn't get our flu shots because we rarely get sick around here. Now I'm thinking that we should have. I bet my DD is thinking the same thing.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Uh oh. Your house does not sound like the place to be this week! Yucky flu! I'm the lucky one at my house....I can't get the flu shot so my family has to get it, so I don't get sick!! I wish we had a Target around here....it sounds so FUN!! Love your pretty punky cards!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the color combo, really makes the cards stand out! Great job!!! Your SBS2 sista-Samantha

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, love your Punk meets pretty, they are great.

kathleenh said...

Both of your cards are so gorgeous!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

These are AMAZING! I love the white and pink and black and your layouts & details are scrumptious. Thanks for the awesome inspiration :0) Mel

P.S. Hope the flu is long gone. Yuck! Talk about an unwelcome house guest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails